The Genealogical Spiritboard

Spirit boards are notorious for having a bad rap. I used one a few times under the direction of my boyfriend\'s mother who blessed us with white light oil before we even got near it. A girlfriend of mine who was very much into green witchcraft got me hooked into mystical capers with her. Our experiments in body field energy had gone well but not so much mirror scrying. Eventually I offered up the idea of a spirit board and we constructed our own.

On this particular occasion we were sitting in the backyard of my home on the grass. It was summer so the mood was quite bright, sunny and not to windy. With our spirit board we looked to find perhaps someone who had died locally but more importantly hoping to find a spirit guide. We contacted a man with an old English name that I assumed was Edwin/Edward. It was not a name I was familiar with already so it was difficult to divine. He seemed to be concerned for his wife Catherine that he wanted to connect with. In some ways I thought perhaps his interest in me was due to the fact I was her reincarnation of some sort. He stayed attached to me in particular through divination for some months.

Eventually we got bored of the spirit board and returned to our other hijinks. It was not until some years later that I ran across some interesting facts. My 3rd great grandparents were Edward and Catherine Jones. Edward had died first and she had been buried originally at a second cemetery across the road from his location. Currently her grave is missing and I think her children may have had her reburied near him. Strange however that the love story ghost so closely resembles my ancestors they had nine living children together and three that didn't survive. The township of Jonesfield near Saginaw is named after them.

I think this is perhaps one of the few examples of using a spirit board safely and getting a positive result.
Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment