Sister-in-law Came Back

This happened 10 years ago back when I was in high school. My family and I lived in a 4 bedrooms ranch style home: 3 bedrooms on the first floor and 1 bedroom in the basement. All of us kids slept in the 3 bedrooms on the first floor and my parents slept in the one down in the basement. My dad worked first shift and left early in morning. My siblings and I left around 7am to catch our bus. My mom worked second shift so she was still sleeping when we all left the house.

One morning after we have all left the house, my mom was still sleeping in her bed and heard something. She tried to open her eyes and could only opened a little bit. She then saw that my deceased sister-in-law was sitting at the foot of her bed. My sister-in-law died in a car accident back in 1995 or 1996. When my sister-in-law was alive, she was really close to my mom. They went shopping and have done almost everything together. My mom cried a lot when my sister-in-law died.

My mom was shocked and scared to see my deceased sister-in-law but she acted as if she was not. She asked my sister-in-law why she was there and she said she came to see my mom because she heard my mom was sick. At the time my mom was under the flu and wasn't feeling well.

With their bedroom in the basement, it was a bit dark so my mom decided to go up to the living room to get more sunlight as she was pretty scared by then. She got up of bed and was standing by her bed when my deceased sister-in-law walked right next to her to hold her arm. My mom walked up the stairs holding the railing as she still couldn't open her eyes fully so she couldn't see clearly. My deceased sister-in-law was wearing the Hmong clothes she was buried in. One of her hands was holding my mom and the other was holding her white skirt.

As they were walking up the stairs, the first thing that came to my mom's mind was to call my cousin to come over as everyone in the house was gone and she was very scared. When they got to the living room, she picked up the phone and was trying to dial my cousin's phone number. She still couldn't open her eyes fully and couldn't see the numbers clear enough to dial. While she was doing all this, my deceased sister-in-law was still holding on to her arm.

My mom then decided to go to the bathroom to wash her face so she could see the numbers on the phone. She put the phone under her armpit, went into the bathroom, and turned on the sink faucet. As she bent down to wash her face, the phone fell and hit her foot. That was when she fully woke up and was able to see clearly. She was in the bathroom with no light on. Our bathroom didn't have any window so it was pretty dark in there if you don't turn on the lights. My mom quickly turned on the lights and saw that the water was on. She got even more scared at that time. She turned the water off, picked up the phone on the floor, and ran outside as fast as she could.

When she got outside, she called my cousin and told him to come over at once. My mom stayed outside our house until my cousin got there and told him what happened. He tried to comfort her and stayed with her until it was time for her to go to work. My mom couldn't be dreaming or sleep walking because she end up in the bathroom and remember everything as clear as day.

We didn't know about it until the following weekends. I was scared to go down to the basement for about 3 months. It still gives me goose bumps when ever I think or talk about this. Sorry for making this so long. Hope you enjoy it. If you have questions or comments, feel free.
Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment