Chapter 10: Not Who I Used To Be

 My long, slender fingers gripped the handle of the blade like my life depended on it. I snickered. Wait, I'm immortal . I shook out my hair and shoved the knife into my boot. The girl was sprawled out in front of me, on the ground. Her blue eyes were wide with fear. I smiled and began to sing. "One, two, Stitchy's coming for you. Three, Four, alive no more." Tears caked her face and she attempted to back up. I threw my head back and laughed. "Aww, wittle Vickie didn't think I would actually find her, did she?" I mocked as my smile widened. I snatched the collar of her dress in my hand and yanked her face close to mine. I felt her small frame trembling under my grasp. "P-please! I'll do anything! Just don't hurt me!" She begged.
         I laughed loudly and shook my red/black hair. "Anything? Hmmm. How about you stop abusing your daughters?" He gaze hardened. "What are you talking about? I love my kids!" She snapped. I growled and threw her to the wall. "Then was does Sara go to school with bruises and cuts, hmm? Because you abuse them, you bitch!" I jumped on her and pulled my blade from my boot and pressed it against her neck. "You're a monster! You get a kick out of killing people! You're sick!" I snarled and grabbed her chin. "No, I get a kick out of killing those who deserve it. I won't harm the innocent, just the wicked." I slashed her throat. She was sputtering and spitting blood. I pulled out a thick thread and needle. I grabbed her face and stitched her mouth shut. "He he he! You look like me now! To bad you're a fucked up sociopath! "  I brought her ear to my lips. "Oh, do me a favor. Go. To. Sleep." I cackled as she bled to death.
         You see, I protect the innocent, but attack/kill the wicked. I heard a gasp and spun around. Standing there in the pouring rain with a look of shock coating his face, was Jeff. My heart dropped and I bit my lip. "Jeff." I said. looking at my stitch-covered legs. His expression changed from shock to hatred and disgust. "What the hell, Carter?" I winced as he used my name. "You were so sweet and perfect! An-and now! Look at you! You a crazy bitch!" The stitches in my cheeks burned as tears poured out. "I can't believe I ever loved  you. " He shook his head and walked off. I felt to my knees and gasped for breath. My body wracked with sobs. I grabbed my knife and looked it over. "Why did you stop loving me!?" I screamed and plunged the knife into my chest. "I will  always  love you, Jeff." 
         I shot up from my pillow, gasping for breath. Tears were running down my cheeks. Sweat coated my pale forehead.  My hands found my face and sighed in relief when I felt my warm, smooth skin. I had a nightmare. I had been having these same nightmares for the last week. The nightmare was  that I was a crazy psycho killer and I had stitches all over my body. Usually, these dreams don't bother me, but this time was different. In my dream, it usually stopped after I killed the girl. This time, it hurt. My heart was aching and I curled into a ball. I let myself cry. I didn't care about myself anymore. Jeff didn't love me and I'm going to end up a hideous killer. I stood, shaky, and walked to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror.
        "Who are you?" I whispered." The image began to change as I rubbed my eyes. I gasped and backed up. It was me, but as The Stitched One. She smiled at me as I examined her. She was taller and had a nicer thin frame. Her hair was half red, half black. Stitched covered her body. One stitch stuck out to me. It was reaching from her left temple, down, across her nose, and ended at the corner of her lips. It was dark red. The weirdest part was that on the left side of the stitch, her face was paler, and gorgerous. Her eye was a bright brilliant red. The right side was, well, me. Same green eyes and normal skin. "Wha-?" She laughed.
        Her mouth twisted into a sickeningly sweet smile. "I'm not who I used to be." I ran a hand through my hair and she began laughing. I held my head as a pain entered. "Stop!" I shouted and slammed my fist into the mirror. Glass showered the counter top and the floor. My arms were bleeding. I sunk to the ground and pulled out each of the glass shards. I wasn't crying, which scared me a little. I finished removing the glass and picked up the other shards. I threw them away and looked down. I gasped and snatched up my hair. I raced into my room and flipped on the light. The entire left side of my hair was red. I didn't dye it or anything. I shook with fear and sunk to my knees. My eyes widened as I kept my eyes on the mirror. The right side of my scalp was black, and it was spreading like wild fire. I watched in horror as the black consumed my white/purple hair. When it finished, I stared into the mirror, mouth wide.
        Suddenly, I felt a  horrible  pain in the left side of my forehead. I cried out and held my head. The pain was spreading down and to the right. It was burning like the fire of a candle. My vision blurred and I looked at my hands. Black lines began to stretch across my arms and hands. I was screaming in pain as I peered into the mirror. I gasped in horror as I saw thick, black stitches covering my entire body. The pain in my face got worse and spread to my left eye. I squeezed my eyes shut until the pain vanished. I was gasping for breath as I stood. My eyes flicked from my feet, to my legs, to my torso, to my arms and neck, and finally, to my face. I felt tears begin to form as I recognized the girl in the mirror. "I am....The Stitched One." My voice was clearer, and yet, more raspy. I was pretty. I saw blood drip onto my carpet and furrowed mt eyebrows(which are now very nicely trimmed, I might add) and my gazed snapped to my face. i jumped back in horror. I was crying  blood.  My head was swimming and my vision became fuzzy. I collapsed onto my floor. The last thing I saw was a flash of white and silver.

"I did this......" 


Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment