Chapter 14: Not So Innocent.

I dropped my 2nd cig and crushed it under my boot. It was quiet. Ridiculously quiet. My eye brows furrowed as I scanned my surroundings. I was still on the porch of the massive mansion. The only thing that had changed was the lighting because the sun had gone down hours ago. A crunch sound echoed from the woods. "Well, shit." I ran a hand through my hair, staring into the dense woods. Another crunch sounded from behind me. I spun around, snatching my knife in the process. "Come on fucker. You wanna dance, lets dance!" I shouted. A chuckle come from right behind me. Normally, I would have shit my pants, but now, I just smirked.
        I was thrown into the yard by the person. I stood and laughed. "Ya know, I enjoy flying. But the right way." He came right up to me and grabbed me by the neck. He slammed me against the house, knocking the breath from my lungs. "Who the HELL do you think you are?!" I recognized him immediately. I kept my cool and smirked. "Well, let's see. I'm pretty sure I'm Stitchy." He growled and slammed me one more time. "Why did you attack Ben you son of a bitch?!" I laughed and kneed him in his balls. He dropped me and fell to his knees. "You want to know why, Jeff?" His head snapped to me as soon as his name escaped my mouth. "How the hell do you-" I held up my hand. "I attacked your little friend Link because he attacked me. He transformed into you and said 'Carter, look at me.' EXACTLY the way you did." tears brimmed my eyes as I stared into his blue orbs. "He used my only weakness and exploited it." I sobbed and turned around.
        "Fuck!" I shouted. I felt his presence behind me. "Carter, it's really you? What happened? Why are you like this? Like me?" I spun around and pushed him away. "You. You left me, thus driving me insane. I killed people Jeff. I've killed people, and I like it!" I laughed and felt my hair ignite. "You see," He was staring at me, horror struck. "I protect the innocent, and murder the wicked." I smirked, twirling my knife. He grabbed my hands and stared into my eyes. "I'm so sorry. I did this to you. I made you a monster." He looked down, regret pooling in his words. My eyes began to bleed. I opened my mouth to answer but he shut me up by slamming his lips to mine.
        Shock filled my body, but then calmed down. His hand grabbed my waist and pulled me closer. His hand enter twined with mine. I pulled away and turned around. "No." I whispered, bloody tears pouring down my cheeks. "Carter, wh-" I interrupted him. "I'm not Carter anymore. Why can't you see that?" I swallowed back tears. "That's ok! I still love you!" He urged, hurt evident in his voice. "Don't! Why cant you get that?!" I shouted, tears clouding my vision. "As long as you still love me, you're not safe." His eyebrows raised. "Not safe? What the hell do you mean?" He grabbed my arms. "Jane. She's coming to kill you if I don't leave you alone. I told her to back off, but I know she wont believe my warning."
        We sat in silence for the longest time. Then, Jeff began to laughed. I shot him a puzzled glance. His laughter got louder and stronger as I backed away. "Jane?! Please, that bitch couldn't leave a scratch on me even if I wanted her too. Silly girl, she cant hurt me. If she comes after me, I will cut her into little Jane pieces and feed them to Smile." I looked at him, studying him. He got taller and his hair grew. I saw his muscles through his thin white hoodie. Yep, he's been working out. I looked up, meeting his gaze. "Well then, if she can't hurt you." I ran and jumped into his arms. I slammed my lips to his and wound my legs around his waist. Ours lips molded and moved perfectly in sync. My hands tangled through his hair. His hands were around my waist and under my ass, supporting me.
        I pulled away, gasping. We pressed our foreheads together and gazed into each others eyes. "You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that." He laughed and set me down. "I think I do." He winked and I looked down, blushing. He cupped my chin, pulling my gaze to meet his. He kissed my nose, then my chin, my neck, my arm, and lastly my hand. He stood back and gazed me over. I bit my lip and blushed. "You know, I like you better this way. It's sexy." I laughed and grabbed his hand. He smiled, a real smile, and kissed my cheek.
        "Whoa! Jeff nailed the new girl! Nice!" Our heads snapped over to the doorway. Standing there was a boy with a black hoodie pulled over a blue mask with....no eyes. Where his eyes were supposed to be was a black abyss. What looked like black goopy tears were streaming from his eyes sockets. Lovely. He was tall and built, like Jeff, yet not as buff. He walked over to me and extended his hand. "Hi. I'm Eyeless Jack, but you can call me Jack." I nodded and he bumped fists with Jeff. "Good job with what you did to Ben, by the way. It's about time someone whopped his ass." I laughed and Jeff growled. "What the hell Jack! I though you liked Ben!" Jack laughed and backed up, raising his hands. "Hey! I do, but he threw away my kidney, so I was a bit mad." Jeff shook his head and grabbed my hand. He was pulling me through the door when Jack said,

"Hey! I'm not letting you leave without an explanation!"

Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment