Freaked Out by Unexplained Growl

My story happened in July, 2003. I was working for a company that was designing programmed maintenance for the bottling filling lines in the Tecate Brewery as Design Engineer; this plant is located in Tecate, Baja California, Mexico.
I had two two coworkers who were engineers, too. I had 25 years at the time and they were 52 and 55. Our shift was from 9:00 a.m.  to 5:00 p.m., so I had a lot of time in the evening. Tecate is a very small town, so there are not very many places to visit or do anything exciting. All I did was chat with my girlfriend at the time that was living in my home town, Ensenada.
Usually I went back at about 10:30-11:00 p.m. to the department we were renting and my partners were watching the news or were already sleeping.
One day I came back to the apartment and we sat together to watch TV, then both of them went to sleep. I kept watching the TV, and at about 12:00 a.m. I went to bed to sleep. At about 3:00 a.m. I woke up to go to the bathroom. As I stood there, I heard the most frighteninggrowl I ever have heard, right behind me, I just closed my eyes and got goose bumps. It probably lasted about three seconds, but it sounded like a lion was growling behind my neck.
I was very very scared. I thought, Well, it might be anything and I have to get back to my room. I turned my head quickly and there was nothing behind me. The shower curtain and was closed, so I move it aside to see if there was something, but nothing was there.
Beside the bathroom was a room that was used by one of my coworkers. He used to snore quite strongly, so I thought that was it. So I entered to his room, but he wasn't snoring. Then I thought that he was trying to scare me so he would laugh or something, but he was in deep sleep.
My other coworker slept in the same room. He started to move and asked me if I was scared. "How do you know?" I said. And he said because he heard it, too. My heart started to run so crazy that night I could not sleep. To this day I still don't know what I heard that night.I was pissed off, so I went to my room, still puzzled about what happened. When I was about to turn the handle to enter, I heard that strong growl right behind me again! I entered the room as quickly as I could without turning back. I sat on my bed almost crying I was so scared.
Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment