Chapter 8: What Now?

 I woke up, expecting to be on the cold, hard floor of my basement. I opened my eyes to see my room. I was on my bed.  Ok, second time this week that I've woken up in a different place then I fell asleep.  I yawned and stretched, feeling two arms around my waist. I smiled as the events of last night flooded back into my mind. I can't believe he loves me. It's completely irrational but it's so  right. I really hope he's not lying to me.  I sighed and tried to stand, but Jeff's arms tightened around my waist. I giggled and laid back down.
        "Please don't leave. " He mumbled into my hair. My breath caught and my cheeks reddened. His voice was low, deep, and sexy.  I rolled over to face him. He had a face mask over his eyes, but I could tell he was barely awake. I poked his cheek and his smile widened, but he didn't budge. I poked his nose, but still nothing. I huffed then got an idea. I kissed his shoulder, then his neck, and trailed kisses up his jaw. He stiffened and bit his lip. I held back a giggle and nipped his neck. His hands were clenching ans I kissed his lips. I felt him smile more into the kiss and he ripped of the face mask. I ran my hands through his hair and rolled to sit on his waist. His hand was on my waist and on my cheek. I pulled away and looked into his blue eyes.
        "I love you." He whispered. I smiled and pulled and hand through my hair. "I love you too. Now, I don't know about you, but I'm hungry." I smiled and felt something dip down my cheek. My smile faded and walked to my mirror. Tears sprung to my eyes at the sight. My left cheek was sliced open, the skin slowly growing back. Blood was crusted around it, and it was dripping down my chin. I grabbed a tissue and dabbed away the blood. I saw Jeff look down, a look of guilt and regret splayed over his face like a sauce stain on a white carpet.
        "God, I'm so sorry. I-I" He choked on his words. I turned around and gasped.  Jeff was looking into my eyes, with  tears  running down his cheeks. I ran over and wiped away his tears. I felt his arms wind around my torso and his face in my hair. "Oh god. I ruined you."  I pulled is gaze to mine. I wiped away his tears and glanced back at the mirror. "It's not th-" He cut me off.
        He had an angry expression on his face. "Don't you even try to tell me its no that bad, Carter!" He shouted. He turned my head completely so I could see the damage. Tears built up in my eyes. Not because of the cut, but because he was angry. He could hurt me again. I looked at him and backed away. His gaze softened and he reached for me. I flinched and kept taking steps back. "Carter. I'm not going to hurt you. I-I just don't want you to think it was okay for me to do that to you! Because its not!" His eyes were pleading. I still kept my distance but nodded. He took a step towards me and I jumped back. The look on his face broke my heart. "You...you still think I'm just lying to get you, don't you?" he whispered. I dropped my gaze to the floor and the tears poured down my face. "I'm so sorry. So sorry." His voice cracked. I saw his feet coming towards me and my body stiffened. His lips briefly met my forehead then he whispered in my ear. "I love more then I can ever scream." I looked up and he was gone. My jaw fell and the tears were falling like a river. I dropped to my knees and cried.

" Please don't leave me.."

Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment